Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Family Gatherings

My niece, her husband and their 3 1/2 year old son came to visit for a couple of days on their way back to Texas. We haven't seen them since the family reunion in Branson last summer. They arrived on Monday afternoon, and unfortunately headed back home this morning. That did not leave us with very much time to visit. My great-niece came over Monday night and spent the night so that she could spend Tuesday with us, and my sister joined us Tuesday morning. Following a breakfast of egg casserole, cinnamon streusel bundt cake, and fresh fruit, we all piled into my SUV to go to Grant's Farm. While it was pretty hot out, the breeze kept it from being unbearable. Little Owen enjoyed the tram ride and all the animals we saw along the way, as well as the opportunity to feed the goats. We also caught part of the bird show, and all of the elephant show. After some cooling drinks we walked over to the barns to see the Clydesdale horses.

Clydesdale horses
And you know that I took a picture of the kids with the Grant's Farm cake!

Grant's Farm cake
That evening several more family members came over for a barbecue. It's too bad it was so hot that we could not enjoy our patio and beautiful gardens. We had to eat inside instead.

As I mentioned, the guests left this morning and I spent the day doing laundry and getting the house back in order. I love having company, but I'm not going to lie. I'm pooped!

1 comment:

Mrs. Wryly said...

Company is a lot of work. Think of it as stamina training for the grandkids to come.