Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Women in Focus St. Louis Opening Reception

Friday was the opening reception for our photography show at Grafica Contemporary Fine Art. The owners of the gallery provided wine, cheese, crackers and assorted sweets to the attendees. There was such a nice turnout! Jim and I arrived right at 6:00 for the opening as we had tickets to the Fox Theatre at 8:00. It never fails that we will go weeks with nothing to do, and then all of a sudden end up with multiple activities on the same night. Several of my friends showed up, and I really appreciate their support.

It was amazing to see the 47 photos from 17 of our members displayed. What a wide variety of subject matters, processes, and perspectives. We definitely want to go back and look at all of them at our leisure without so many people and distractions in the way. The photos will be on display until the closing reception on April 24th, so we have plenty of time to see them. I have to say it was pretty cool to see my photos hanging alongside all the others, and quite a few people talked to me about my "Deer at Dusk" shot, which was taken in Jefferson Barracks Cemetery last fall.

Here is a little recap of the night, shot by my husband with his iPhone. We didn't want to drag a camera along since we were heading to the play.

Kim Wolterman & Linda Austin

Kim Wolterman with her photos

Tiffany Weigel & Kim Wolterman

2 comments:

Mrs. Wryly said...

Very cool! Your photos look great and so do you! Fame becomes you!

Kim Wolterman said...

Awww...thank you!